Your vehicle is one of the most important investments in your life today. As the cost of buying and operating your car, truck or SUV continues to rise, it becomes increasingly important to keep your investment in top condition. And that includes protecting the exterior and interior from the sizzling Texas summers.
Here are some easy- to- follow tips to keep your investment in showroom appearance and, in turn, maintain the value of your vehicle:
- When possible, park your vehicle in shade. Finding a shady spot can lower the temperature by as much as 25 degrees and shield the vehicle from harmful UV rays. If you do park under a tree, make sure you avoid the “weeping” kind, as the sap can be corrosive to your vehicle’s finish. Always remove bird droppings immediately.
- Invest in UV protectant window tinting if you don’t have factory installed tinting. Most commercially installed tinting offers lifetime warranties. If parking in the sunlight, be sure to take a few seconds and put up a reflective car sunshade.
- Wash your vehicle regularly. If you wash by hand, make sure you avoid dish soaps, as these cleaning agents can dull your vehicle’s finish. Use a high-quality automotive wash and a soft sponge. If you use a commercial car wash, be sure to use a newer one with excellent user reviews.
- Wax your vehicle before the Texas heat takes hold. A quality automotive wax acts as sunscreen for your vehicle’s clear coat finish, protecting it not only from sun rays, but from everyday abusive road elements and environmental pollutants.
- To protect your tires from sun damage, treat at least monthly with an application of tire cleaner and protectant.
- Remember to protect the interior as well. High quality liquid and spray protectants for leather, vinyl and rubber usually have UV protection ingredients that prevents cracking and fading.
If you have waited too long to take care of your vehicle and you have paint fading or chipping, come see us at Color Customs Collision. Our automotive master painters are experts and color matching. A professional paint job can add to the value of your vehicle. We are a family–owned operation and have been experts in automotive painting and collision repair since 1984.