Here at Color Custom’s Collision Repair, we recognize that car wrecks are inevitable. After all, our business is to fix your car as good as new after a wreck. There are some things that you can do in 2022 that will help to prevent those wrecks or perhaps minimize the damage:
- Remember Seat Belts Save Lives – There has been a nearly 20% increase in fatal car accidents in Texas. 47% of those fatalities were not wearing a seat belt.
- Limit Distractions While Driving – Cell Phones, Radio, Music apps can all be reasons that you take your eyes off the road. It only takes a split second to suddenly be in a dangerous position.
- Don’t Drive Under the Influence – We often think about alcohol and illegal drugs to be reasons for impairment. But you can also be impaired by prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs.
- Remember These Tips from Driver’s Education –
- Check your mirrors regularly to know where other vehicles are and that vehicles behind you are not getting too close.
- Proper following distances on a dry road should be 3 to 4 seconds while on wet or slippery roads that time should be significantly higher depending on the conditions.
- Anticipate potential dangers on the road. Monitor brake lights and other signals that traffic may be slowing down. Scanning the roadway gives you the opportunity to react
- Watch your speed. The faster you drive, the less time you have to react. Speed limits are in place to help protect you and other drivers.
These New Year’s Resolutions will help to prevent serious accidents in 2022. However, if you are in an accident Color Customs Collision is here to help. We provide free estimates, and all of our work is guaranteed for as long as you own your vehicle. We work with all insurance providers to help ease the financial burden.
Color Customs Collision is conveniently located at 936 Fort Worth Drive in Denton, Texas. Just 1 block south of I35E.